Our Retreat Facilities
The historic Estrem Center is one of the original commercial buildings in this area and pre-dates the town of Carefree. Built in a circular pattern the Center is home to the administrative offices, two conference rooms, the small chapel, and 14 spacious and well appointed bedrooms. The lower level meeting area features the wine casks from the original days as an international restaurant plus a large refrigerator and bar which is perfect for those evenings when groups gather for hospitality.
The Dining Room, Conference Rooms, and the two-story lodging facility were designed by the Taliesin Architects. The firm believes, as did their founder Frank Lloyd Wright, that architecture must be visionary, a work of art, and at the same time completely practical.
- The Labyrinth - open and free to everyone
- Islands of Silence Meditation Path - open and free to everyone
- Natural, mature Sonoran Desert vegetation
- Two water features
- 270 degree mountain views
- Free Wireless Internet, High speed T1 access
- Strong cell coverage (we have 3 providers' attennae on campus)
- Private baths
- Private balconies
- Comfortable lodging for over 75 guests.
- Dining with a spectacular view!
- Accomodating up to 100 guests.
- Our professional staff, prepares delicious, wholesome, well-balanced meals.
- Various sized meeting spaces
- LCD Projector
- Interactive video conferencing available
Swimming Pool and Spa
- Large swimming pool
- SPA set to a soothing 104 degrees
- Books relating to spiritual development, personal growth, meditation and the Labyrinth.
- Information about the Southwest
- Gift items
- Use our desert rock-lined labyrinth for either group ritual or private meditation.
Islands of Silence
- Seven Islands of Silence woven together by a pathway on an acre of raw desert land adjacent to the main campus, intended to give the visitor a sense that they are on a journey…physically and spiritually.
- Rest and enjoy God’s creation … stay as long as you want.
- The Conference Center Chapel has a breath-taking view of the Sonoran Desert beyond the altar and accommodates up to 100 people.
- The Sunset Chapel in the Estrem Center is set aside as a place for guests to meditate or for small groups to worship while on campus.